Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"Shakespeare or similarly scholarly literary quote featuring insight on the passage of time"

Hi, I'm back after a long hiatus. Since my last post, 
  • I performed in seven separate theatrical productions
  • I turned 24 years old
  • I wrote a new version of a contract with myself, regarding a commitment to excellence, and signed it
  • saw my father wrap up his law enforcement career
  • played Dungeons and Dragons for the first time
  • applied to a few jobs, none of which ended in being hired
  • Worried about my life 4,276,450 times
  • Played bass guitar with the band I am in, "The Delerium Ride" at least 50 times
  • Began driving a different car, and put a spider man bobblehead on the dash
  • Re-installed, and then uninstalled Team Fortress 2 around six times
So yeah that's a little taste of it. Overall my life is going quite well, and I am pleased with that, most of the time. 

Tonight I got home from rehearsal and was listening to NPR on the car radio. Once I got into my apartment, I turned on my radio in the living room/kitchen (basically the room in my apartment that isn't the bedroom or bathroom) to listen to the programming. Eventually I was sitting next to the radio, just listening. It struck me that just hours earlier, I was portraying Stanley Jerome, a young man in 1949, sitting next to a radio, listening intently to the program. 

Serendipitous things like that appeal to my sentimentality. I like to think that somehow it connects me to what people were doing back then. I'm always trying to connect to people. 

1 comment: